Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So I am having an issue and I was wondering what you guys/girls generally do..

I like to listen to my iPod when I ride but I only put ONE (my right) headphone into my ear so that I can hear anyone "passing on my left".. And traffic of course..

The in-ear headphones ALWAYS fall right out due to sweat and I have an over the ear pair but they are a pain to deal with because of my pony tail, hat, sunglasses, etc.. (ugh, it's touch being a woman!.. lol... *sarcasm*)...
And the other earbud always finds it's way out of wherever I stashed it and begins to dangle at the most inappropriate times so I have to mess with that during my ride..

I can't believe that I cannot find anyone selling ONE EAR headphones!.. I could probably use a cell phone type of earbud/mic but the quality is going to be crappy..

Any suggestions? And no I do not want to mount anything such as a speaker to my bike... lol..

What do you all typically do?

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
I wear a pair from Sony. Love them. Not so tight they hurt or are uncomfortable either but stay in place regardless

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
A local guy, here in Tampa, made these and was selling them at local bike shops. They go under your jersey in the area of the collar bone and are held on with magnets. The company went out of business due to poor customer relations and he was unable to supply the demands of the orders.

I purchased a pair from an LBS and they work great. You can hear the music and everything else around you with no problem. You can even carry on a conversation while listening to the music. The speakers are high impedance, so even with the volume turned all the way up, the maximum output level is not loud enough to drown out the surrounding noises. I wear them on every ride.

As you can see, there isn't much to making a set of these, you just need to find the right speakers, which are water resistant, BTW. The magnets you can get almost anywhere and that is just a piece of 3/16" or 1/4" plastic he uses for the base. The pieces are epoxied to the base. Assembled, they ran about $30.00, but I'm sure you can buy the parts for a lot less.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rola, I have some kinda like that by SkullCandy.. They are just difficult to deal with because of my sunglasses, hair pulled back, hat.. So was hoping that there were other options.. Not finding many though!.. lol..

John, those look really neat!.. I will have to look more into em..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts