Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I eat a lot of dried fruit. Figs and dates. Filling. Also raisins, and Turkish apricots. I eat very little fresh fruit. It's difficult to keep if your not going to the store every other day. You said your working away from fruit but with the exception of veggies I don't really know any other way to eat healthy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ha! Lots of fruits and nuts on this site. :D I would do the vegies as well. Orrrrr, just burn more calories than you consume. Drink a LOT of water as well. Good luck!

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
I stopped using energy additives to my drinking water and started eating more dried fruit and nuts while riding. Figs, pears, apples, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts and such. I just stuff some in one of my jersey pockets without a plastic bag or anything... makes it very easy to just reach back and grab something... no 2 handed hassles with wrappers. It is cheaper than all those expensive additives and to my mind, less chemical and more natural. I get a smooth energy boost which lasts a long time and less "raid the fridge" feeling when I get home.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
...pizza, hamburgers, lard. (If I slow everybody else down, I'll feel faster!) ;)

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I like to take a fue Fig Newtons :love: with me on a ride, whole grain. but I have to put them in some thing or thay are a mess. The wife braught a pack home that had 2 large Fig Newtons wrapped in foil :thumbsup:, now she can't find them again.:hate:

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
I like to take a fue Fig Newtons :love: with me on a ride, whole grain. but I have to put them in some thing or thay are a mess. The wife braught a pack home that had 2 large Fig Newtons raped in foil :thumbsup:, now she can't find them again.:hate:
... I hate it when I get raped in foil

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I'm trying to lose some weight and finding myself growing tired of eating fruit as an afternoon snack.

Any suggestions?
I've been trying to do the same. I'd like to do some racing this year and be able to ride with my faster friends again.

Eat lotsa protein and eat often. Instead of 3 meals, try eating small meals every three hours or so.

Here's a typical day for me:
7:30 am: 1 cup of fat free or low fat yogurt with a couple of scoops of whey protein mixed in and some fresh fruit and some Bear Naked granola on top.
11:00 am: A cup of 1% cottage cheese and blueberries.
2:00 pm: A big ass chef salad with low fat dressing.
4:30 pm: 12 ounces of skim milk mixed with 2 scoops of whey protein.
7:00 pm: Some pistachios or cashews.
I generally do my workout around 7:30 or 8:00.
Post work out: Endurox R4 recovery.
Dinner is usually something like 8 ounces of salmon, some asparagus, and whole wheat couscous.

This might seem like a lot of food, but I've lost 15 lbs this month and dropped my body fat by around 4%. I've been doing resistance training all month, so I've actually lost more that 15 lbs of fat. Some of the weight has been replace by muscle which is heavier than fat.

·
Senior biker
2 Posts
Some people believe that only if you eat a very fatty food (sausages, bacon and similar) you can lose your weight. There is even a name for that kind of diet in Poland: 'dieta Kwaśniewskiego'. Good luck :)

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Here it's called Atkins. I think by depriving your body of things you need and disproportionally compensating by eating other things we are doing more harm than good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts