Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling a a little treacherous, had to climb back in the truck and cool of and dry off.... May have to change to a set of dry clothes as well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I put my oversized Chrome backpack in the bin on my trailer yesterday, but I wore it on my back all day today, just 'cause. :)

·
1,200 Posts
think got for 94 here.. but i'm assuming the humity is similar between you down there in VA and us here Rola

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
Still 89F here with 45%humidity - sitting here in my unairconditioned apartment - my siamese is sprawled on the kitchen floor and the #$%#$ long haired orange tabby wants to cuddle. :( go away!!!!!

Tomorrow it should be better.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Best be careful out their. I read earlier that carbon fiber cant tolerate heat and one guy is keeping his bike in the house. :D

Fairly brutal the past two days in New England. Still in the 90's and almost midnight. Showers are in the forcast for tommorow so the weekend will be back to seasonal temps.

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
We never had a winter season this year so the transition was not noticeable. However, the past month has been extremely hot and humid. The past week has had daily afternoon and evening thunderstorms that has cooled down the morning temps but the humidity is really bad. At times, it's almost like having gills.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
When I left for my ride it was 85 yesterday and 90 when I got home an hour later. The air was like it had no oxygen in it for me it was realy hard to breathe.

·
242 Posts
Boston is hot in the 90s going back to Indiana tomorrow and its hot there also. I've spent the last two afternoons at the beach I guess ill spend the next few at the pool

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
High 90s yesterday but we had a storm last night that cooled things off. I hope to get in 2 short rides to day of 10 miles one with the wife and one by my self.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
High 90s yesterday but we had a storm last night that cooled things off. I hope to get in 2 short rides to day of 10 miles one with the wife and one by my self.
We also had some pretty nasty storms last night. it went from 98* to 72* fairly quickly. Got to finish my Friday in a lightening/rain storm digging up a lightening strike damage...great fun and probably more dangerous :eek:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I ran an errand after work for my mom who is recovering from surgery. They were calling for rain and I have my mom's car for trips of this nature until doc OKs her to drive again (soon). I was going to drive, but I thought about Xela riding in a paceline on a steel bridge in a downpour and I decided to remove my socks (SPD sandals) and go by bike. I did not bring a rain jacket thinking getting wet would feel good.

I made it home in time, luckily, because I was carrying a library book she asked me to return which I took without thinking about how I would keep it dry. I saw dark clouds and lightning approaching, but I made it home moments before torrential rain, high winds and hail swept through.

That hail would have hurt!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts