Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im a downhiller from NH originally but moved to SLC for college at university of Utah. Let me know what you think of my bike build. I have an Iron Horse Warrior 6.0 full suspension for sale now to continue to build my new dream up

This is her, I know she is kinda old but for my first DH build I am really happy with her. Let me know what you think here is the part list so far.

Rocky Mountain RM7
2.5 inch front Maxxis tire on MODO rim
2.35 back tire maxxis on Rhyno Lite rims (i have a 2.7x24 inch doublewide if i want too)
Fox Vanilla R rear
Boxxer front
Blackspire crank with quarter inch bash gaurd
Singlespeed
V3 Sunline Pedals
WTB pure V seat
Yeti DH Bars
Ringle Stem (probably switching to a Tomac)

Still need brakes, im thinking Elixer CR's or Hayes Nines depending on price

I have spend in all $157 on EVERYTHING you see after getting the bike and parts from freinds and spare parts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Welcome to the site. It's ok that your bike is old. It's a Rocky and they're built like brick $hit houses. I just picked up an 08 Slayer last year. It's technically not a DH bike, but that's what I use it for. I replaced the stock triple with a RaceFace Atlas and bash guard, added a chain guide, dropped the stem down, and viola! Instant DH bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, ill be sure to have some videos and pictures, i gotta wait for my other bike to sell before i spend on brakes but so far I havent been happier

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reside in Park City in the summers as a white water rafting guide so I'll be Downhilling PC and the infamous Deer Valley. A freind of mine is sponsored by Kona so I get on Deer Valley DH courses fairly easily

1 - 9 of 9 Posts