Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Outdoor Obsessed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site. I just got a Trek Top Fuel 8, 19.5 frame, used. Couldn't pass on the price. Had it out a few times, and love it. Not to crazy about the seat comfort. Any suggestions on a more comfortable seat.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
welcome to the forum.
as for seats ride on a few and then decide. i like selle flite but they just work for me. wtb has a test ride program... you can ride them and then by one if you like it my local shop will let you ride it for a couple days or so.

·
Outdoor Obsessed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Body's Getting Older, Mind Getting Younger

I've been trail riding since I was 15. Really into it in 20's and 30's. Now at 46 I get out on the trails a couple times a week. Always perferred the narrow saddle. The wider, more cushioned ones bother me after about an hour or so. Good to ride to Dunkin Donuts, bad on the mountain.
Have a narrow now, but get numbing afer awhile. Maybe its just the fact that my body's getting older, and my mind is getting younger.

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
Look at Specialized seats. You can choose your seat width based on your anatomy. I always road on too narrow a seat and getting one a little wider (143 mm) made all the difference.

Try this link to their web site.
Specialized Bicycle Components : Saddles

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome, and get yerself to an Assometer! But only Chibi is allowed to post pix of her regular butt (inside joke).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts