Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cycfamily, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Cycfamily

Cycfamily Outdoor Obsessed

New to this site. I just got a Trek Top Fuel 8, 19.5 frame, used. Couldn't pass on the price. Had it out a few times, and love it. Not to crazy about the seat comfort. Any suggestions on a more comfortable seat.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Seats, like many other things, come down to personal preference. How long have you been riding?

3. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

welcome to the forum.
    as for seats ride on a few and then decide. i like selle flite but they just work for me. wtb has a test ride program... you can ride them and then by one if you like it my local shop will let you ride it for a couple days or so.

4. Cycfamily

Cycfamily Outdoor Obsessed

Body's Getting Older, Mind Getting Younger

I've been trail riding since I was 15. Really into it in 20's and 30's. Now at 46 I get out on the trails a couple times a week. Always perferred the narrow saddle. The wider, more cushioned ones bother me after about an hour or so. Good to ride to Dunkin Donuts, bad on the mountain.
    Have a narrow now, but get numbing afer awhile. Maybe its just the fact that my body's getting older, and my mind is getting younger.

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

If you've got a good mileage base, and a fair idea of what works for you, I would check the fit. Maybe something is a bit off somewhere.

6. Tedzo

Tedzo Who put that curb there?

Look at Specialized seats. You can choose your seat width based on your anatomy. I always road on too narrow a seat and getting one a little wider (143 mm) made all the difference.

Try this link to their web site.
    Specialized Bicycle Components : Saddles

7. M_Wales

M_Wales New Member

Welcome to the site.

8. nh_district

nh_district New Member

Welcome to the board from a former CTer. I grew up in New Milford, still miss it sometimes.

9. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Welcome aboard from The Thumb of MI!!

10. Garilia

Garilia New Member

Welcome, and get yerself to an Assometer! But only Chibi is allowed to post pix of her regular butt (inside joke).

11. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member