Hello from Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Georgia Bike Forum' started by darkace, Sep 9, 2009.

1. darkace

darkace Guest

Just thought I do a shout out for all those in Hotlanta !!!

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Still having Water issues there? I recall hearing about your city wanting access to a Lake in a nearby State.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome, what's that all about.

4. darkace

darkace Guest

No more water issues here. We had a drought last year and water was placed on several restrictions throughout the state to conserve. We have had a pretty normal spring and summer that had brought some much needed rain. All is well again in Hotlanta.

5. LightenUpBikes

LightenUpBikes New Member

Howdy Neighbor!

Newbie as of today! What do you ride?

6. synack

synack The Back Row

I am also in the Atlanta area (North of the city in Johns Creek). Do you ever hit the greenways?

7. Kchan

Kchan New Member

Hi Hotlanta folks!

I'm in Lawrenceville and I do ride mainly in the Suwanee/George pierce Greenway on weekdays and Alpharetta Greenway on Saturdays.

Not a super rider, but I do try to ride at least an hour a day..
    I do have a mountain bike (older Trek 4300 hardtail), but I ride on paved trails mainly... fell a few times so I'm a bit of a wuss :(

if anyone wants a riding partner, I'm all up!

I'm a 31yo guy :)

8. synack

synack The Back Row

Hi Kchan,

A couple of guys and myself hit the Alpharetta Greenway on Saturdays sometimes Sundays just depends on if everyone can get together. We're not super riders either and only tend to get out once a week (I try to do more but with college and work it's tough). We are also in our low to mid 30s.

I ride a road bike but the guys who ride with me ride commuter/hybrid type bikes. Let me know if you want to meet up, we should be out this weekend.

-synack

9. Kchan

Kchan New Member

Hi Synack

I'm definitely up for riding! There's a slight chance it may not be this Saturday, but I do ride when I am available.

I normally start off at the YMCA off of Preston Ridge, then ride all the way across to Roswell and back. I usually begin riding around 2 or 3ish, but I'm willing to adjust my timing as well (just not too early!).

But feel free to email me [email protected]. I wont know about my plans until late tonight or even tomorrow, but I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

KC

10. synack

synack The Back Row

Hi Kchan,
    We usually start off at Rock Mill Park and ride all the way to web bridge, back down all the way south, back up to Web Bridge then back to Rock Mill park. We also usually start around 1 to 1.30. I'm not sure what time we are starting tomorrow probably around the same time.

-synack