Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Richard and as the title would suggest, I live in Australia! I have been cycling since I began riding my BMX to school as a 9 year old(turning 40 in May). I have ridden all sorts of bikes, but as a birthday present am getting my first decent roadie, an Avanti Giro 4.0.
I look forward to reading through all the different threads to see the trends, differences and similarities of cycling around the world.

Richard

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Welcome! One of the places I would love to visit one day!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome! One of the places I would love to visit one day!
If you go, I highly recommend patio dining at APK on Beaumont Street. There is a bottle shop right next door, so when you get thirsty, you can stroll over and grab a few cold Toohey's right from the cooler, then head back to your table.

Australia is much more advanced than the US, when it comes to fine dining.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Industry_Hack, I won't say too much but when looking for new bike it was between Hadley's and Avanti, Avanti won on service(from salesman).

·
12,350 Posts
On my first day at Hadley's, I didn't start until noon. That's because we took the bus into town, bought two new bikes from Civic, and rode them home. I liked working there because they didn't care how many bikes you sold, they just wanted you to treat the customers well, which I really respected. Of course, they lost their best sales person, when he moved back to the US in 2006...

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
, so when you get thirsty, you can stroll over and grab a few cold Toohey's right from the cooler, then head back to your table.
That sounds so good about right now!

·
12,350 Posts
Some restaurants have a license to sell alcohol, some just allow it on the premises. You can bring your own esky (cooler) to APK, and keep your 12 pack cold under the table. Or have the girl put it in the fridge for you. That just amazed me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts