Hello from Boise,Idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BigBlueKnight, Oct 5, 2009.

1. BigBlueKnight

BigBlueKnight Guest

Hi
    my name is taylor, i just got into roadbiking kind of on a whim and just to try something new. ive been riding dirtbikes since i was 8. when i say dirtbikes i mean the kind with motors. i was born and raised in boise. im 19 and a student here at boise state. my first road bike is a 1978 schwinn varsity. i found it on craiglist for $90 and well thats how ive started my road biking addiction. i've just recently upgraded to a scott speedster s40. i play football for a local semi pro team along with working as an equipment manager for the boise state team. so when i have some spare time i try to get some rides in for now. i look forward to getting to know the people and hope i will find it just as enjoyable as the dirt bike forum that i am a member of.

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Welcome to Two Spoke Taylor, I'm sure you will find out much here, a lot of cycling fanatics, myself included.

I also ride the motorized dirtbikes, but not as much as when I was younger, at 57 I don't heal as well as I once did, but still ride my Dirter when I get the chance. Mostly I ride road bikes now, peddle kind, not motor kind (although I have one of those as well).

One of my first bikes was a Schwin Varsity, but that was a long time ago, before yours was new.

DrB

3. BigBlueKnight

BigBlueKnight Guest

thats a throwback right there. the varsity is a great bike but it just doesnt do the job compared to the new bikes

4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you are very busy! Good luck getting those rides in.