Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to introduce myself: I hail from St Cloud, MN for the last 25 years. I rode fairly seriously into the mid to late 80s but hung the bikes up until about two years ago. I got busy with the kids and their hockey (youngest is playing D1 college, senior year) as well as motorcycle touring. I'm back, losing weight and loving it. I also work part-time in a great LBS as a wrench and sales. (attended Barnett Bicycle Institute (BBI) about two years ago)

I ride anything with two wheels. I have a Cannondale Synapse Carbon with Ultegra, a Cannondale Caffiene 2 Mtn bike (lefty fork), two Surly Cross Checks one geared and one SS and also a Surly Pacer. The newest addition is a Salsa Mukluk (wife and I both) for winter. Next bike will probably be a SS rigid Mtn bike of some flavor.

I'm fortunate that my wife shares my passion for both bicycles and motorcycles as well as my son. It's not cheap when three involved, but it's easier to get things that way.

·
Two skinny J's
21,205 Posts
Welcome mnron! Sounds pretty busy around your place. Nice collection of bikes. No snowmobiles in the collection? ( Or is it snow machine there?) One of my riding partners was at Barnetts about 2 years ago in Oct, wouldn't that be a coincidence?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rola643 said:
Welcome mnron! Sounds pretty busy around your place. Nice collection of bikes. No snowmobiles in the collection? ( Or is it snow machine there?) One of my riding partners was at Barnetts about 2 years ago in Oct, wouldn't that be a coincidence?!
With hockey we've had no time for snowmobiles. With the Mukluk I don't think I will miss them. I attended in February 2010.

·
Two skinny J's
21,205 Posts
With hockey we've had no time for snowmobiles. With the Mukluk I don't think I will miss them. I attended in February 2010.
I remember those days...getting ice time at 4 AM :) Little different here in the South. My son played baseball in college and traveled in the summers playing in the Coastal Plain League. My daughter played ASA fast pitch softball and we traveled EVERY weekend from New Jersey to Georgia. Had a blast but glad it's done now :)

My wife and I have a little more time nowadays :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts