Hello from Ft. Collins Co.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 6bikes, Jan 16, 2010.

1. 6bikes

6bikes Guest

Hey
    Joined this morning.
    I currently have 6 bikes Two Ibis Mt. bikes, A Riply and a Silkti both are soft tails. 2 road bikes, A Lemond and a 2009 Trek Madone 5.2 I have a approxmatly1951 Monark that I went thru mechanically but left the petina as is. It has a new set of ape hangers on it that I did a little acid to get them to match the bike. I call this my parade bike. It has a springer front end and a sprung saddle with a crash bar. It feels like riding in a 1965 chevy with worn out shocks. It is a head turner.
    My last bike I picked up a few months ago. It is a 1968 Schwinn Fastback. I wanted one as a kid. It spoke to me when I saw it, as did the Monark. It has minamal amount of paint on it, but is straight. I will repaint it and put the decals on it. I am going to try for show quality on this one. I have quite of NOS parts and a lot of 10 out of 10 parts for it. I was not much of a computer person until I discovered ebay. Now look at me on a chat line. I am trying to do this bike as correctly as possibly. I hace a few question about my hubs date of manufacture. I have acquired several choices. I am not sure if the (D) stamped on the hub means the same as on the frame that it is 1968. This is my story and I am sticking to it. I love all aspects of biking!

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member