Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am "new again" to bike riding; I used to commute when I was in my late teens and early 20's, then I had kids and basically forgot all about bikes. :hate: Now I have a sad and not very sexy Hybrid from REI that I inherited from a dead relative. :eek: Am really looking to upgrade, but there are just so many choices that I can't decide. I like a classic look (esp. the Rivendell bikes, but who can afford that!), I need gears for hills, and I don't really want to learn to use Drop bars this early in the game. Any Suggestions? ~Thanks!~

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am not a good resource for help on picking a bike, but I did want to say "welcome" to the group! I know you will get lots of advice from the Two Spoke family!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Pretty much the same as SixtyPlus. I'm basically drop-bar exclusive anymore, so I won't be much help for you, but it is nice to have you here.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you don't want drops, but want to primarily ride on pavement, I'd suggest looking at the Fuji Absolute and the Cannondale Quick bikes. I had an Absolute 3.0 for a long-term review on my site, and really liked it a lot. I've also ridden some of the Quicks, and like them too, but the Fuji's are usually priced better. By the way, Performance Bike has the Absolute 2.0 and 3.0 on sale now.

If you're looking for more off-road riding, then let us know -- I'm sure we can come up with some ideas! :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

Don't be afraid of the drop bars :) You're probably at a good time of the year to be looking. My local bike ship just announced a year end clearance and has some great deals on bikes. Possibly your LBS also is having a sale. I would go to a bike shop and sit on, and ride several to see what you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts