Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back into cycling. Bought my Specialized Roubaix Compact on
July 18 2012. Have logged over 900 miles to this point. Have also joined the
Granite State Wheelmen bike club. Going to my first meeting tonight.
I am retired from Motorola Corp. Vietnam veteran of the USN Seabees.
My longest ride to date has been 51 miles.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome, larryn! This is a great forum with lots of folks who share the passion and have lots of knowledge about bikes and riding. Of course, not all posts are 100% serious!

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Welcome Larry. You are doing great for just two months of riding.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Nice to have you, Larry. I must say I'm biased, but great choice of bike as well. I hope you enjoy both the bike and forum.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,145 Posts
Larry,

Congrats, and welcome! Sounds like you've posted some great miles! May they be followed by many more.

On another note, I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to you and any other veterans who may read this. Thank you for answering in the affirmative when your nation called. Your service is much-appreciated.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hi, Larry. Welcome.
I was born & raised on the west side of Manchester. Great city. My bike's first owner lived in Goffstown.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Wheelmen is such a cool word. I sometimes wish we could use the word 'man' and by extension 'men' and words like 'wheelmen' to mean people in general and thus in a non-exclusionary manner. Short for 'human', if you will, or as in 'mankind'. But I guess using the same word to mean both male humans and humans in general is sexist to a degree and perhaps should be avoided.

I always wanted to join L.A.W. League of American Wheelmen but before I got around to doing it, they changed their name to League of American Bicyclists. After that I was no longer interested in being a member. :(

I'd like to move to New Hampshire so I could ride with the Granite State Wheelmen. :) I haven't seen a lot of New Hampshire but from what I have seen it's a lovely state with some breathtakingly beautiful spots.

Thanks for your service to our country. Welcome back to cycling and I hope you will enjoy sharing your experiences here. Feel free to ask questions. Sometimes one of us knows the answer.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Larry-

Welcome to the forums! I have an uncle that was a Seabee, posted in San Diego for 20 years without a deployment!

That's awesome mileage you're racking up in 2 months especially coming from where you live!

You'll find a lot of Roubaix fans herem so you're in good company.

And as SixtyPlus has said, not every post here is serious. Usually mine.

WELCOME!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Hello Sir, glad to have you aboard. Got a shock when you said that you were from Manchester, and then (with some relief) saw it was NH and not UK. In my dreams I have a Roubaix. Super bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts