Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marcela, and I am currently training for my very first triathlon!

As a way of celebrating life, since I recently reached my 3rd decade of existence, I decided to make a commitment to myself and to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help find a cure for blood cancers.

I will be participating in my very first Triathlon with Team In Training - an organization that raises a significant amount of money for research and patient services through training for long-distance endurance events.

I have been spinning for about a year now to get physically ready for the triathlon and I am currently searching for a decent entry level bike so I can start doing some real outdoor riding. I am super excited about this challenge and I cannot wait to get my first real bike and be ready to hit the road.
I really appreciate all the support, great suggestions and advice I have received from other members so far, as I prepare to enter the real world of cycling.
If anyone is interested in making a contribution to my triathlon efforts with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team In Training, you can make a donation on my website:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/wch/anttry12/marcela

It does not matter how small your contribution is, every penny counts and has the potential of saving lives!

I really appreciate your support!

Warm regards,

~Marcela~

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Good for you Marcella!

Several years ago my wife and I, both having lost parents to Leukemia, hooked up with the Team in Training group and went out to Estes Park Co for a 35 mile hike in the Rocky mountains. We had great fun, met some great friends and raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause.

Contribution will be coming your way this weekend. I encourage anyone reading this to do the same, no matter now small.

Funny, last week were actually talking about doing it again maybe next year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Poolie,
I'm sorry about your parents. I think it's awesome that you and your wife stepped up to the challenge and made the commitment to make a difference. The 35 mile hike sounds really impressive! Good for you!
It's an awesome experience, and is a great opportunity to make great friends. I absolutely love training and it makes it all so much more worthwhile to know that I am doing this to make a difference in someone else's life. Who knows? Hopefully because of efforts like ours, a cure may be found some day!
I really appreciate your willingness to support my efforts and make a contribution for the cause. Thank you so much! :)

Good for you Marcella!

Several years ago my wife and I, both having lost parents to Leukemia, hooked up with the Team in Training group and went out to Estes Park Co for a 35 mile hike in the Rocky mountains. We had great fun, met some great friends and raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause.

Contribution will be coming your way this weekend. I encourage anyone reading this to do the same, no matter now small.

Funny, last week were actually talking about doing it again maybe next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts