Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. There is so much to read & learn. It's been almost 30 years since I've ridden at all, 40 since I've done more than ride around the block.
I'm back in the saddle because my sister willed me her Hybrid Devinci Milano. Everything has changed since my old 10 speed, these new bikes really zoom.
I need an exercise routine to keep the cardiologist happy since bypass surgery and the bike is fun. So I'm slowly making adjustments to the bike and riding as often as I can.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Nice, Andy! Glad you're here. I hope you enjoy both TwoSpoke and being on the bike again.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Very cool! Welcome aboard Andy! My of my favorite riding buddies name is Andy :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. What's the policy about signatures? Can I add a link to my on-line gift store? Or my social photo network? Neither conflict with cycling. The photo site is where my pics are hosted for sites like TwoSpoke.
I'm really new to cycling, don't even know what components are called. Some new bike shorts are helping me put miles on. I have trouble standing to go up long steep hills.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go out as often as possible Andy. I hadn't ridden since I was a teenager over 25 year ago, and even then it was only riding around our neighbourhood with my pals, no distances.
Was informed last year I needed to exercise by my doc. Running I found boring and lifting weights even more so. So I took my sons bike out for a ride, only done 3 mile and was shattered, gasping for air etc. My legs ached but somehow I enjoyed it. I went out every day trying to go a little further each day. Id only add half a mile or so to each day. I remember going over 5 mile and thinking I had accomplished something. By this time the bug had struck and being able to do 10 mile I noticed how far my stamina had improved.
Now I have two bikes, a hybrid & road and I go out for planned rides of 50-60 mile or I'll go out for a daily 30min ride up a local hill, down it, back up it again and so on just for a daily cardio workout.
Keep at it, don't over do it and enjoy, the benefits come along in no time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Andy, I applaud your decision to jump on that bike and take advantage of the tools given to you. Your sister had this in mind and I bet she's smiling down at you, take care and have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts