Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I'm a 47 yr old guy with 3 bikes. I recently purchased a Motobecane hybrid road bike with 700 c rims to replace my trusty Giant Rincon mountain bike for street riding.

I came to Two Spoke because out of 3 rides on my new bike I got 2 identical rear blowouts.:hate::confused: I ordered different tires which popped off the rim and blew the new tube on inflation. I found out what the "c" in 700 c means.

I also have full suspension , front disk Walmart mountain bike that I modified for street. It has a 42cc motor which is modified and tops out at 40 mph.

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome. Like the Motobecane, looks like you will be seen. What comes from Milwaukee? Wasn't the Fonz and Happy Days supposed to be there and of course Pabst Blue Ribbon?

The Brewery

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
I've had two bikes now with 700c wheels and have had more flats with them than I've had with all other bikes I've owned combined. I still have one but it'll be the last one I buy with the 25mm wheels.

Welcome to the forum.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
Welcome. Like the Motobecane, looks like you will be seen. What comes from Milwaukee? Wasn't the Fonz and Happy Days supposed to be there and of course Pabst Blue Ribbon?

The Brewery
Frank booth approves...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4&feature=related[/ame]

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
You kill me Nigal! I wonder how you find some of that stuff, got a good laugh out of that one!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
I'm a natural sponge for all things irrelevant and useless. If there's something you don't need to know or ever see...I know it and I can show it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
What's the chances of this... Henry Winkler on the Today Show, today.

"I've never met an Idiot on the River" his book.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

The Brewery
I'm very happy with the Motobecane despite the stock tire donk-around. Everything is so smooth and precise. From the neck down it's a road bike excepting the comfy gel seat and trunk bag / rack I added.

Harley Davidson is also from Milwaukee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The Brewery
I should have been more suspicious when the tire came off the rim so easily on the first flat. And that was the problem, not so much the rim. The Kenda tires were too limpy to hold the tube in on a good bump.

The 100psi yellow tires were a struggle to get on and required special attention to avoid pinch flat scenarios. Luckily I was able to salvage the new slime tube.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I'm very happy with the Motobecane despite the stock tire donk-around. Everything is so smooth and precise. From the neck down it's a road bike excepting the comfy gel seat and trunk bag / rack I added.

Harley Davidson is also from Milwaukee.
Very nice! How could I forget Harley! Although I was thinking they were from Waukesha for some reason. I worked on some Waukesha engines in Alaska :)`

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well Ive ridden on 700c wheels for the last 25 years. maybe a half dozen flats due to something stuck in a tire I couldnt see and kept putting new tubes in. Hint: keep getting flats , replace the TIRE AND TUBE!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts