Hello from Mountain Home, AR

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by meech, Aug 17, 2009.

1. meech

meech New Member

Whats shakin? I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dimitri and I am a new custom frame builder. I have been building for a little over a year and a half now and my company name is MEECH. I build mostly cyclocross frames and a few road and track as well. Right now I am starting on a 650b mountain bike for a guy out of Little Rock. I told myself I was not going to build mountain bikes but this one is a bit of a challenge considering he wants a belt driven bike. If you would like to check out some of the frames I have a blog under the name MEECH Custom Bicycles and a Photobucket album under the name MEECH151. Talk to you soon.

"Fly with MEECH"

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Hey, meech! Great to have another Arkansan on here. You ever ride the Jasper Disaster?

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Welcome!

Belt driven? How much tension are we talking here to keep the belt from slipping? Definitely different. I checked you site and pics. Those are some beautiful bikes.

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_nO79_7ws]YouTube - Gates Carbon Drive Installation[/ame]

5. meech

meech New Member

I've heard of the Jasper Disaster but never ridden it. I haven't done any racing this year, every since I started building frames it has been my main focus. As far as the amount of tension required on the belt drive system I have no idea because I am just getting into this and have never done it before. My main concerns right now are having the clearance needed for the wide sprocket up front and of course splitting the rear triangle to accept the belt. Its gonna be a slow build for me, we'll see how it turns out. Later.

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Thanks hoppy, I was thinking v-belts and serpentine type belts. I never thought of a toothed belt.

7. J_cub

J_cub Guest

Very beautiful bikes you have there, meech. Good to have you aboard, looks like you know what you're doin!

8. meech

meech New Member

Thanks. I'm just working at it a little every day trying to build the best quality bike frames that I can. Keep rollin!