Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Roadie turned Hybrid rider,,,have been riding for many years up to and including double centuries. Over the past few years have been dealing with lower back issues and had to have surgery 3 yrs ago and since then I used every training method I could find to regain the mileage I'd lost.
Well since nothing seemed to work I figured it was time for a different approach so I just purchased a new Trek FX 7.5. I've read lots of great reviews, some by other X roadies and am very hopeful I can get back to riding 60-80 mile rides and with any luck and a bit of training I'd like to a century this Sept on my 60th birthday.
As I start training again I'm going to keep close track of my seed and distance and would like to compare notes with anyone interested doing the same.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I admire your dedication to get back to form. Make sure to keep us posted on how your training comes along.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamp.
I think about riding 100 mile, now that i have the Heart DRs ok but I don't think my but will let me, I ride about 25 miles a day and have rode 62, I am 65 allmost 66 I like being on the bike. if I find a seat for this bike that I like maybe someday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glade to hear you're still hanging in there, 25 a day is good training. Just keep adding 10-15% and then do longer rides on Sat. or Sun. Your butt just needs practice too!
PS; You can always look for a new saddle, there's lots to choose from.
Good Luck!

·
4,311 Posts
Yes please keep us posted on your progress :thumbsup:
As for the saddle I have tryed 6 and keep thinking thay are no better than the one the bike came with :eek:. There are a lot I have not tryed so there is still hope in finding one :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saddles and riding shorts are a very personal choice, one size never fits all. I've put well over 10,000 miles on Selle Italia Flite saddles which just seem to fit me well. I have also tried Fisik arione with good results.
If you're looking for maximum comfort over weight and speed I would suggest taking a look at Brooks and Selle Anatimica. These are the choice of many Ultra Long Distance riders. Hope that helps some.

·
4,311 Posts
Thanks for the saddle advice, and I will never be a speedster. 12 13 mph is about my avrage. Yesterday a fellow rider past me twice, I was thinking there are no cut offs he must of ducted in to the woods and I went by him it is 17 miles around that loop. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts