Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello 2 spoke.. new to cycling and this forum from central KY here. Been a cyclist for a week and a day now. I purchased a restored Schwinn World due to the fact I wanted a quality built bike for very little money for my first bike. I want to make sure this sport is going to hold my attention for a long time comming before I drop $500-1500 on a bike. So far I love it, probabley pushing myself a tad to hard for the first 2 weeks of ridding but I tend to be a little bit competitive and so far want to be the best i can be..

·
242 Posts
Welcome !! I live in centeral Indiana so we are neighbours. I have used bikes also and my newest is an old schwinn I picked up at an auction I will be getting ride ready for this summer. last year was my first year ridding and had no clue what I was doing and have learned so much from the guys here. They are the best !!!!

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you for the welcome. yeah took it out for a true ride for the first time today, and 14miles later i'm beat down, but gotta say the bike does pretty well for it's age... mom_of: storms stay clear of your area?. I haul cars and they're saying we're going to be going into the storm area bringing the trashed ones out..

·
242 Posts
The bad storms were south of me but lots of damage we are minus a couple towns now because of the storms and several people were killed it was a crazy day it was the first time I saw clouds going backwards across the sky but luckily all the bad missed US but yes I'm sure you will be very busy and the price of scrap may go down because of all the excess .

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
welcome (I'm from Indy). Great time of year to get started, and this forum can be very helpful!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hack is part right, but when it comes to foolishness it isn't just a bit. Yet we have fun and even the trolls get treated with respect for a while.

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha thanks alot guys.. it would be a better time a year if we could get a break from the rain and craziness here in KY!! hoping the sun hits today so i can get a few miles in after work!!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
My wife said why don't you get a better bike so you could keep up,:rolleyes: That was 5 or 6 bikes ago, now I ride she doesn't :confused:

Good luck with your new ride.:thumbsup:

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm working on her, recently bought her an cheapy huffy roadbike. but she got her eyes on some hybrids...

·
242 Posts
Haha my boy friend started riding so I gave it a try after 20 + yrs of not riding and now I have 3 bikes he asks how many I will need till I'm happy I said when I get there ill let him know lol

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Howdy. Be careful about pushing too hard too soon. I did that and put my left knee in a world of hurt. The guys at the LBS told me to ease off and gradually increase intensity over a few weeks. Now my left knee is just as strong as my "good" knee.

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts