Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have a rather unique bicycle and have never seen another like it. I was hoping to find more info about it, if possible. I got this bike in 1980-82. It is a Sears 10-speed girls bike, with matte "Kermit-the Frog" green paint. The vertical part of the frame says HYDRAULIC in black letters. the brakes operate like drum brakes rather than the usual cable caliper-brakes. It has only one brake handle (instead of the usual two or four). The brake handle is on the right side of racing-type handlebars. the original green vinyl seat has a Troxel stamp. Has anyone here ever seen or heard of such a bike as this? I'd appreciate any info...

Qzsue

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
Welcome! Love the bike! I haven't ever seen that design before, but it makes me want one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome :)
and yes, this bike is heavy!
Still trying to get the rust off the front wheel. Nothing I can really do about the paint, but the brakes and gears still work so she still has some life left in her :)

Qzsue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Arkansas, I had the boys version when I was younger. Got to talking about bikes at work and I was telling the guys that I had a lime green sears bike that had Hydraulic brakes and so I thought I would look to see if I could find anything about it or some pictures. Your's is the only pictures I have found. Thank you for trip down memory lane. Awesome bike, dont let it get away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Milam572- I guess it was just me and you, then! :) I've been dragging that bike around all my life- I'll never part with it. Had a lot of adventures on that bike; I'm thankful we came though it all unscathed!
Qzsue

·
5 Posts
Also from NWI but haven't seen you on the road ... yet. Looking forward to seeing someone going green. Got to admit, it is unusual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm mostly up in the griffith area on the bike trails. I'm scared to death of riding on the roads around here.

·
5 Posts
I also live in Valpo. Southeast side just up from the "traffic circle". Lots of good roads east, north, and south of town. West, not so good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dean
I'd be happy to add my bike to the registry, but which category would my bike fit?
Qzsue

·
Registered
625 Posts
welcome to the camp, Suzy Q, I mean QZSue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts