Hello from Paris-(Illiniois that is)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bankchick, Oct 20, 2009.

1. bankchick

bankchick New Member

Hello everyone..

Very new to biking and love it. Started out with an ambitious 40 mile charity ride in June on a Cannondale hybrid that hadn't seen that many miles in many moons. I made it and was hooked. Bought an entry level Giant 2 wks later.
    Arrgghh the summer flew by too fast.

Excited to be here to learn all I can, going to be a long winter.

Bankchick

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Short days suck! I have spent too much money on cold weather gear to use that as an excuse, though. We're pretty lucky here with not much snow/ice during the winter, so really we only have the cold to deal with.

Welcome to TwoSpoke! Great to have ya!

3. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Welcome to the forum!

I hear you about summer having gone too fast. I actually just bought a road bike this past weekend, lol. Good timing on my part. I'll just have to make the best of the remaining autumn days.

4. bankchick

bankchick New Member

playing hookie

Today is supposed be gorgeous, 71 degrees and with a little wind. I am thinking taking the afternoon off to ride, maybe a quickie 25-30 miles. Leaves are turning here, I have a route that has stretch of trees and hills before it turns into the endless corn and beans we have here. Unfortunately I will probably be dodging combines and grain trucks. Now if I can only find someone to play hookie with me.

Have a great day all.

5. bankchick

bankchick New Member

new bike

What bike did you buy? This is probably a good time of the year to purchase a new bike, did you get an offer you couldn't refuse? Har

I have discovered this new hobby of mine can get $$

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Money well spent, until you start chasing the latest, greatest, and lightest.

Oh, welcome to the forums!

7. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

oh oh someone has cought the biking bug, but it needn't be expensive to enjoy...just get out there and turn those wheels.

oh i don't think i mentioned it but welcome to the forum bankchick...

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome this is a cool place.