Hello From Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Roadrunner, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

Hello, I finally decided to join the forum. My name is Margaret and I live in Kinross, Scotland. I'm a road cyclist. I really enjoy getting out on my bike. We have lots of little country roads here (many of them single track roads).
    We also have lots of hills, so you can't really go anywhere without some sort of climb, which I don't enjoy so much, I'm a bit of a hill slug.

I'm not only a happilly married mother of three, but also about to become a grandmother for the third time.

I'm looking forward to gettin to know you all

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Welcome to the site! I believe you are our second member from Scotland.

-Scott

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Got any photos of your rides in Scotland?

4. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

THanks guys. I'll try and remember to take my camera next time we do Path of Condie. Here's the route. It includes a1:6 climb.

bikehike.co.uk - Course Creator

5. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Greetings, welcome. Scotland! Wow bet those are some great views while riding. Livin!g in S. Florida I dont even know what a hill is

6. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

Hi Skidmark. Yes there are some lovely views, but we get a lot of wind and rain here in Kinross. I'd love to experience some of your weather and no hills to climb!!! You lucky thing

7. Smiley

Smiley New Member

You certainly have a beautiful country! Visited there a few years ago, just loved it all!

8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome.

Keep posting. I sent you an PM.

9. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Welcome! I hope to visit over there sometime within a year or so, namely Ireland, but I would love to visit Scotland and England as well.

If I can bring my MTB, I will, because there will no doubt be some wonderful rides all over there!

Good to see more international support!

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hi roadrunner, nice to see a fellow scot has come on board...i know what you mean about the single track roads, thats all i seem to ride on up here in Glenlivet...only danger here is the rabbit population getting snarled in the spokes.

11. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hi tarukai, make sure you do bring your mtb the single track here is brilliant...and you never know i might bump into you here, scotland being a small country.

12. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

Hi Coco2. You're in a lovely part of the country. You must have some good rides there. You must be a bit like us, not many routes without climbing!!
    I lost count of the poor bunnies that met their maker today.

13. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

I don't know that I'll be able to make it next year, but here's to hoping I can scrounge up the funds to fly, accommodate myself, and ship the bike!

aw, that's never a good thing to have to count.

14. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

your right roadrunner it is lovely and i count myself lucky to be in a job that allows me to stay in such a lovely part of the country...and as for the rabbits they are a nightmare when they run out in front of you.

15. cubie

cubie New Member

hows things this is cubie from cork ireland did trip two yrs ago to glascow rented car went to endinbourough to inverness and down to fort william best holliday ever even though rained all the time the place is amazing anyway ...:cool:

16. cubie

cubie New Member

have to come to ireland first ...dont forget to ride on left side of road:p

17. cubie

cubie New Member

poor bunnies get 'watership down' on dvd to make you feel worse.....