Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy here on the forums. I just purchased my first bike in my adult life. I got a cyclocross bike for it's versatility. I always enjoyed bmx and mountain biking when I was younger so I figured a CX bike would allow me to still get off-road for some fun in the dirt while also being a practical commuter for me. I've been using it to commute to work and to ride on some local trails here so far. It's all coming back to me and I'm having more and more fun every time I go out pedaling. I think I'm gonna have to sneak out and ride by myself sometimes though because my wife complains whenever I pull away from her or jump off of the paved path on the local bike trails whenever I see a single track. :D I can't believe it's taken me this long to get back on the saddle, but I'm really glad I'm back.

As for my ride, I picked up a 2011 Cannondale Hi-Mod full carbon SuperX. Here's the link to it on the registry here: http://www.twospoke.com/cycle-registry/bryanc-561.html

I was planning on getting the '12 CAADX 5, but the shop had this 2011 SuperX, which was a demo bike that belonged to the regional C'dale rep, for only a few hundred more. Once I rode it, it was all over but the crying. The ride was so smooth, yet responsive. I walked out the door with it.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear the excitement in your writing! Nice looking bike! I think you'll find a good core of people here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm glad to be here. I really like the feeling of these forums; seems really friendly. One question, is there a dedicated cyclocross forum on here? I don't see one on the main page.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
??? Sorry, I'm not following. I may be a bit slow.
It was a link that lead to bridal gowns...spammer :D I should have just deleted it instead of the editing the link, my bad.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamp Hope you like your Cannondale as much as I like my Quick 6 It may be the bottom end bike but I call it my Timex, I loan it out and my grandsons ride it it just keeps on ticking. good luck with yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts