Hello from Snohomish County Washington

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by satnspwn, Mar 17, 2011.

1. satnspwn

satnspwn Mobile Mechanic

I'm a rider out of the Snohomish County area of WA. I ride anything with 2 wheels, peddle powered or otherwise. I ride everywhere I go, I don't drive at all, and I have never had a license or a car. I'm too cheap to take the bus, and too lazy to walk, so I ride. I am an experienced mechanic, and have worked in a couple shops, and I volunteer for a non profit bike co-op called Sharing Wheels. I currently run my basement bike shop where I fix up junk bikes that people throw out, and take in repairs for those who need it. I look at a broken down bike the same way some people look at a starving child, or an injured puppy, I just have to do something about it regardless of someones ability to pay for repairs. I never leave my house without my mobile repair shop on my back, and even if I'm running late, I'll stop and help a stranded biker in need. I come here in hopes of spreading my knowledge of bicycles to everyone I can reach. I know there are lots of other skilled mechanics on here that can offer help, I'm just one more on that list.

When I'm not turning wrenches or riding, I like to play Real Time strategy video games, fishing, camping, hunting, rocking out to death metal, kick boxing, or playing with my reptiles.

My current collection: 1998 K2/Proflex Beast, 2004 Redline Monocog BMX, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper FS A1 Comp, 1987 Trek 1200, 2009 Schwinn with a Grubee Skyhawk motor, Specialized Rockhopper "polo bike", and a bunch of other frames waiting for parts.

I look forward to talking to you all soon, and I hope I can help some people out with any bicycle questions you may have. :thumbsup:

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

3. IndianBikes

IndianBikes New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum to share your ideas and knowledge with us.

4. bradsalex

bradsalex New Member

Hey, good to see another in Washington, albiet I'm in Oly... a bit far away.

5. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

welcome... i am a non driver as well