Hello from Southern California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KeDo, Dec 28, 2009.

1. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

Hey all! I'm a longtime cyclist from the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains! Helloooo!!!

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome, hippie. What got you banned?

3. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

Well, I responded somewhat negatively to a thread that had a rather elitist tone to it and was accused of sockpuppetry. I actually didn't violate anything mentioned in the code of conduct, nor was I abusive in any way to any member of the forum.

Things seemed to get ugly quickly. I hope to be able to stick around here for awhile.

4. Industry_Hack

We're glad to have you here, as long as you keep it civil. I'm not a fan of the mod that banned you over there, and think that they get a bit too heavy handed with the wrong people. Of course, I've been accused of being heavy handed myself over there...

5. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

well, thanks for the welcome, and I promise to be nice!

6. Industry_Hack

It's ironic that I started the Banned User thread, but can no longer post in it.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to twospoke.com KeDo.

8. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

thank you funetical...:thumbsup:

9. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Welcome aboard. There are many BF refugees here, myself being one of them, except I became a BF refugee on my own because the anal-retentive... umm... character... who is now the head admin, stripped the sig I was using at the time from me even though he publicly admitted that it was harmless. So I simply stripped all the remaining info out of my profile there, logged out and deleted the bookmark from my browser.

10. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

They've gone mad with power over there...

Mad I tell you!

11. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Glad you made the move for whatever reason.

12. djcyberlegend

That's because, as I'm sure you know, with vBulletin forums, only mods, supermods and admins can post in a locked thread.

13. Industry_Hack

"Head admin". That's funny. He's the only admin, but has to make sure everyone knows that. I suppose that as time passes, he'll make me look even better.

14. Industry_Hack

I know, but I was the admin when I created that thread. After a certain backstabbing incident, I moved myself from the admin usergroup to the moderator usergroup. Then I was given some BS excuse about a "rights audit", and told that they were removing my moderator rights too. And yet, there are people listed as admins who have not logged in for well over a year, and are no longer even employed by IB.

15. KeDo

KeDo BF banned

Well, all I know is that I made the mistake giving one of the regulars there a little good natured ribbing (maybe you've heard of him. His name rhymes with "Grotto"), and within a page I was being told to "get the hell out", and asked "who the hell are you?".

I thought this spaztic behavior was quite funny, actually, but apparantly the powers that be and I don't share the same sense of humor.

16. djcyberlegend

At one point a few months ago, I took a peek at the Banned Users thread there without logging in, and his user title at the time said "Lead Administrator".

A bit obsessive IMHO...

17. djcyberlegend

They're so anal about that place, they actually ban people for harmless 'Rickrolling'. I don't see the point in doing a Rickroll prank, but I don't think it's deserving of being given the ultimate boot.

18. Industry_Hack

There were some serious problems with Rickrolling at one time. But I have no idea how a newer member could know that. Then again, they made some cycling noob a mod after a few months and what amounts to a handful of posts. I preferred pre-IB members for mods, since they at least knew what the site was like back in the days of Joe.

19. Rhythm

Rhythm Guest

I was stripped of my sig over there too... I don't post much so I can't cause too much trouble. I was never was banned for it but it has led me to look for other forums, such as this one.

20. Industry_Hack

I'm curious to know what these sigs were.