Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a few posts so far in the road bike forum, didn't realize we had introductions over here.

Name's Rob, I'm 22, from Connecticut stationed here in Southern California, and Ill be moving to Tampa Bay, Fl soon.

Rode my dad's Richard Sachs road bike as a kid. Ever since I joined the military he refused to send it to me, in December he surprised me with his presence and a bike so I was pretty amped. I've been ridin ever since. In the military we run a lot, so Im glad I get to switch gears (literally ha) and ride a bike.

I hope to eventually be able to jump in on some small races here or there, something I've dreamt about since I was like 15 but never really had the skill or opportunity.

I've always been a big fan of watching cycling, because my dad watches cycling and I fell in love with it too.

Look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from everyone.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome rob! Marine Corp I'm guessing in SoCal?

Hmm guessing maybe Navy actually if you going to Tampa?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marine Corps, got lucky going to Tampa, only a few Marines down there. Currently at Camp Pendleton (North San Diego county)

Thanks Hack

·
1,200 Posts
welcome. glad to have you even though a marine.. J/K (Army here) guess you got some nice riding with the running trails if Pendleton is anything like Ft. Leonardwood or Ft Knox

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hi, Rob. Welcome to TwoSpoke. You should be able to find riding groups on base. The gift was mighty nice of your dad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad's family is from northern Maine, like way north (Fort Kent). I'm sure your childhood barber was some distant relative. A lot of Nadeau's up there in northern New England though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts