Hello from steamy, humid Florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by whitey818, Jun 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

Hello all, just want to introduce my self and say what a great forum ya'll have. I live in north Florida, more like south Georgia, Lake City is the town, it's just north of Gainesville.
    Just been riding bikes again for a couple months after not getting near one for more than 20 years. Now I can't seem to stay off of them. Haven't owned a car in years but a big fan of motorcycles, own a few of them but for the last month pretty much just riding a bicycle to work, fun and errands. Past week was my first 100 mile week. Guess I could throw some pics of my bikes up, nothing special a Univega mountain bike that I commute on and my Raleigh Sports that I am trying to figure out what to do with, but I have been riding it around the neighborhood for a few weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and an old Huffy MTB s/s I play around on light trails
    [​IMG]

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey. I started back rideing about a year ago too, I can't belive how mutch I like being out rideing. I allso rode a motor cycle got a pin from Harley for rideing 100,000 miles in less than 4 years. I still have a 65 pan :D

3. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Howdy and welcome to TwoSpoke! It would seem you have pushed the hot steamy weather North. Experiencing July and August heat and humidity way to early in the summer :)

4. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

Thanks guys for the welcome, I currently have 3 motos a 2006 Z1000, a 1995 YZF600R that I built from a stunt bike with blown engine, I rebuilt the engine with all new stuff but the rest of the bike has a little bit from every manufacture on it, and my old EX500 that my son seems to have taken over.
    Yea, this is going to be a hot summer I think no matter where you are, the heat index has been over 100* about every day for a week here. Makes jumping in the shower very nice after a good hour or so of riding.

5. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Welcome, Whitey! Like the pics!

Hating summer over here, too. We had more snow and colder temps than usual this past winter. I was somewhat hopeful that it would be a mild summer, but so far, it's anything but.

6. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

Xela, I know what you are talking about. We had one of the coldest winters ever and now it looks like just as bad of a summer. The sad thing is I brought this on myself after complaining about all the cold. lol

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to TwoSpoke!

8. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

9. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

HOWDY from Texas! welcome to TWO SPOKE!!

10. thumper

thumper cyclingnut

Hello from Jacksonvile beach, yes that winter was wild and now the summer is hot.hot.hot.

;)

11. georgec

georgec Member

Welcome from Hot and humid SE Texas.

12. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum....We are battling some humidity here in New England, but I am sure it isn't as bad as what your getting.

13. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

Thanks again for the welcomes.
    Guess I am finally getting used to the heat again, been averaging around 100 miles a week and either I am adjusting or have gone crazy, atleast thats what my friends and co-workers think, with me riding to work every day, lol.