Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would say a few words about myself.

My name is George 54 years old I am from Bay City Texas. Just started riding a few weeks ago on a bicycle I bought from walmart about three years ago.(I hate to jump into things to fast you know.) Anyhow after finding out I really enjoyed riding I decided to go to Houston and get a better bike. Didn't really know what to buy but between the salesman and myself we desided on a Specialized Crosstrail which I think was a good choice.

I have started out on short rides trying to get back in shape but have been going a little longer everyday. So far things are going well not to sore and and having a good time.

Not really sure where it will go from here but I joined to learn about bikes and talk with people that can teach me as there is not to many folks around here that ride.

Looking forward to visiting with you all.
George

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome to TwoSpoke, George! We're glad you're here. Sounds like a good choice on the bike, but I'm a little partial to Specialized myself.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty sure that Texas is well-represented already, but there's always room for more. ;)

Even though you didn't ask for advice, I'll throw in some, since you mentioned that you were trying to go a little longer every day. Every other day, try to up the intensity just a bit. It doesn't need to be a mad sprint, but if you just push yourself a little extra for even one minute out of ten, you'll see some results. You can decide how much effort is appropriate, based on your fitness. But only do this every other day, as your muscles will need a rest, and you want to just get out and enjoy riding on some days, without worrying about training.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice IH. Thats kinda what I am doing. I know you can do to much at first and make yourself so sore you won't even think it is worth the effort. I will start trying what you said every other day though. Thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome to TwoSpoke!!!! You sound like you are well on your way. Hope we can help you out with any questions you may have.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Thanks for the advice IH. Thats kinda what I am doing. I know you can do to much at first and make yourself so sore you won't even think it is worth the effort. I will start trying what you said every other day though. Thanks
First and foremost, you have to enjoy riding. So don't overdo it. By the way, if you have muscle soreness from lactic acid buildup, the best thing to do is walk a bit, or go for a really easy ride. You need to get the blood flowing in and out of the muscles to carry away the acids.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys and the tips IH.

I'll be up and riding at 600AM in the morning been trying to get in a couple of miles before work each morning gets the day off to a good start.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'll be up and riding at 600AM in the morning been trying to get in a couple of miles before work each morning gets the day off to a good start.
Totally agree....always feel like I have more energy for the day when I start it with a ride. I try to get out no matter how short the ride may be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts