Hello from the Granite State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nh_district, Feb 12, 2011.

1. nh_district

nh_district New Member

Huh, been poking around here for the past couple weeks and didn't even notice this section till today... Anyhoo, I'm Keith. I'm a car guy mostly, but I definitely appreciate two-wheeled, human powered vehicles as well.

My bikes are all tucked away for winter, that first ride this spring can't come soon enough! Thank god for skiing to keep me from losing my mind...

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Nashua...as made famous on The Office? Great to have you! I too have 4 wheeled passion. Let me hear a little more about that.

3. DirtyBobbysBikes

DirtyBobbysBikes Rollin Solo like Han...

Welcome fellow bike/car guy! Sweet district. What kinda cars you into?

4. nh_district

nh_district New Member

That's cool, Nashua was on the Office? That show's hilarious, I haven't watched in a while though. I grew up in CT, but I love this town.

I'm into Euro cars, started off with VWs then got hooked on BMWs the first time I drove my friend's in high school. I'm a tech at a BMW/Porsche shop in Boston. Dunno where it came from, my dad was/is a Chevy guy. I dig everything from rat rods to F1 cars though.

I have more cars than bikes, it's ridiculous. Gonna try to trim the fleet down this summer.

How bout y'all?

5. DirtyBobbysBikes

I've got a few cars but way more bikes, lol. I'm into morris minors and minis mostly. My daily driver is a 59 morris minor panel van, original right hand driver from england. Love that thing, can fit a lot of bikes in the back :)

6. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from anouther car guy in the swamps of South Jersey
    I raced this 64 Dodge nostalgia super stocker best run 10.08 at 132mph in the 1/4 mile. It is sitting in the shead waiting for a grandson

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. nh_district

nh_district New Member

That's awesome, dbb. It is amazing how big those things are inside! I was at a show one time checking out an old mini and the guy asks me, "how tall are you?" 6'1" I tell him. "Hop in and try it on" he says. I could drive it with the seat all the way back, but would have to actually move it forward a few clicks for a proper driving position. Pretty crazy. We work on the newer generation at the shop, but that's a whole different animal of course.

South Jersey checking in, nice! I was actually born in Philly and lived in Mt. Laurel until I was five. I still remember going to Atco Dragway with my dad way back then.

That Mopar of yours looks badass. A buddy of mine has an 11 second '68 Belvedere GTX, I've never ridden in anything that fast though. His has been blown up as long as I've known him.

8. DirtyBobbysBikes

That's cool NH, we've got a R50 and a pretty wicked R53 too. 4 minis total, 2 minors and a few others.

9. flanderscycling

flanderscycling New Member

Grandpa, can I come and get it next weekend?
    :D :D :D

10. IndianDrives

IndianDrives New Member

Welcome to the forum to share your experience, information, ideas and options.

11. cwtrials

cwtrials Biking With a Mission

Welcome! NH is the place to be.

12. nh_district

nh_district New Member

Yeah it is, I love it here. Funny I checked out your bikes in the registry and saw your posts in the "what is a trials bike" thread but never noticed your location.

I didn't even know what a trials bike was till I read that thread and watched the vids. Must be fun as hell doing that ish around Manchvegas!

13. cwtrials

cwtrials Biking With a Mission

Manchvegas is a lot of fun to ride trials in! The snow is melted enough to go back out once the rain stops. About 12 years ago there used to be group trials rides ever friday night in manch with about 20 people.... and now I'm the only rider in the whole city (unless I'm mistaken)

Feel free to check out my website. www.cwtrials.com
    I'm hoping to do some more trials demos this summer... maybe at some biking events.