Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Jim Walls and I am a new member to the site. I live in Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University and the Little 500 Bicycle Race. You may have seen the movie "Breaking Away", a movie made in 1978 about the now famous Little 500.
Bloomington has a huge cycling community and is also home to one of the oldest and longest running bike rides, The Hilly Hundred.

In 1997 I invented a new concept bicycle tire tool. The design was so simple and effective, I couldn't believe it wasn't already on the market. After 13 years of playing around with it and researching markets, I still hadn't found a tool that works as quickly and easily at removing a tire as mine did. So, with much prodding from friends and family, I started my Patent paperwork and sought out a company to manufacture the tool. Living in Bloomington has given me a unique market by which to test my new design. I found that very little tweeking was necessary before I had a tool that satisified the needs of the riders.

The Cobra Tire Tool is designed as a compact, lightweight tool that will fit into any tool bag or jersey pocket. Because most riders demanded a small, lightweight tool, this design is limited to use on Road bike, Tri, Cyclocross, Hybrid, and Comfort frames. A new tool for Mountain bikes is in the works and will be introduced soon.

To see how the Cobra Tire Tool works, visit my website at
Bicycle tire lever, tire lever, cobra tire tool, fast easy bike tire change

Sincerely,

Jim Walls

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the site, Jim! I just watched the video, and that seems like an ingenious device. Send me an email and we'll get an article about it posted on my site this month. It would make an excellent stocking stuffer for cyclists.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Hi Jim welcome to the site, love the tire removal tool would like to get one myself. My son also is living in Bloomington going to the university where can he pick one of these up for me?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome to the site Jim. Awesome little tool! I will be getting me one of those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site, Jim! I just watched the video, and that seems like an ingenious device. Send me an email and we'll get an article about it posted on my site this month. It would make an excellent stocking stuffer for cyclists.
Fantastic!
I will get an email out tomorrow with the details / background of how I came about this design.

Have a good evening!

Jim

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome Jim, cool tool!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Fantastic!
I will get an email out tomorrow with the details / background of how I came about this design.

Have a good evening!

Jim
That would be sweet, because I already wrote the article, complete with embedded video. A little background would make it that much better.

Also, send Dean a PM. I'm sure there's some sort of vendor account available for the site.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have one.
I don't have any in my store because I'm not going to compete with online sales.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Interesting. Would you carry them if the wholesale price allowed you to be competitive with online retailers?
I'm not sure. I have issues with manufacturers who also sell direct. Sometimes it isn't a big deal. In this case, he's 40 miles away from me, so I don't really see the point in stocking them. Still, it is a cool concept, and I like offering odd things to my customers...

I'll leave it at "not sure" for now.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm kind of originally from Bedford Indiana, which is just south of Bloomington.
Neat tool. But I'll need to be waiting for the Mountain Bike version as that's the only biking I do and ever plan to do.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Interesting. Would you carry them if the wholesale price allowed you to be competitive with online retailers?
Updated answer: yes. He threw some numbers at me, and I could match his internet price, since shipping wouldn't be involved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts