hello there! its Mike.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by retromike3, Dec 11, 2009.

1. retromike3

retromike3 retromike3

HI sports fans! My name is mike frye and I build bikes for a hobby. I used to own a shop back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. and then I had a accident commuting to work. One broken helmet later and five days under life support, I now just work on bikes as a hobby.

I kept all of my tools and bought a few more over the years so now I can do just about anything on a bicycle (except carbon fiber) I have a gas welder and a T.I.G. that I am still trying to figure out.

I just started to commute to Portland from Beaverton on a Motor assisted bike.(going back to school) I'm still tying to ride my rollers three times a week so I can see my belt buckle but its not that easy. Out here in the burbs they have quite a few bike paths but they usually start and stop at random intervals I actually feel safer in downtown Portland in the middle of traffic than I do in Beaverton on a bicycle path.

I guess its looking a bit better out here because the size of the S.U.V.s has dropped in the past few years. It was a mid sized one that nudged me into a ditch last week. Cut my hand, broke a tooth but more importantly put a dent in the toptube of my Rain bike. I don't know who said it but "what does not kill me makes me stronger" must apply to me.:cool:

Mike Frye-the bike guy

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Glad you're here, Mike! Be safe out there. We look forward to hearing from you.

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Great quote....and Welcome to the Forum!!!!