Hello to all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spudboy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Spudboy

Spudboy New Member

I am the newest Newbie. I have been enjoying bicycle ownership since the Nixon administration. Since "hoarding" seems like a dirty word I would like to say that I am an eccentric collector of vintage steel. (Thank you very much) I even have a bike hanging in my home office simply to admire the piece of art that it is. I am slanted against carbon fibre and go nutty over gorgeous lugs. I willnot walmart. My daughter rebuilt her first bike at 6 years old. That is one of the many things I love about vintage steel is that they are simple and infinitely rebuild-able. I just have to be careful when she disappears with a crescent wrench......

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Welcome to TwoSpoke! Let's see some pics of those bikes and frames.

3. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

that is great and it is great to have you.
    i too love steel but have to admit i own a couple carbon rides....
    anyhow, hope to see the cool lugs

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

My steel Wabi is new, with a classic look. And when it's not being ridden, it's about four feet behind my chair.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the Swamp. Well at the present I ride a steel bike a Jamis Aurora Elita. It is a nicer ride compared to my aluminum Fuji Absolute 1.0

6. IndianDrivesBikes

IndianDrivesBikes New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum to share your knowledge with us.

7. mark520

mark520 New Member

Hi everyone! proud to be the member of this great community !! i am Mark from USA ,Ak,Anchorage,nice to meet you,hope to know more about you....