Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Smashin707, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Smashin707

Smashin707 New Member

Hello guys!
    well im new, hint posting in the new member section. well i have two rides, a shwinn traveler III and a specialized rock hopper hard tail. i love my babies, but my specialized is out of commission due to me breaking my fork! :hate: funny story behind it, kinda.

I joined this site to learn how to fix my bikes on my own. college student here and tired of paying someone else to fix my babies.i want to have that deep special connection with them :D

I do have one ummm make that two, questions/problems with my shwinn that i would like to work out but i will find the appropriate section. break cable tension, and back derail-er ghost shifting on me!

~smashin707

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Smashin 707:thumbsup:

Welcome to Two Spoke, I'm quite sure you will find the help you need to fix your bike, a lot of good(and a few crazy, like me) bike fanatics on this forum, with a lot of good information and VERY willing to help. I have learned a great deal since I been here, and thats been less than a month...

What College you goin to? (I'm a west coast grad (USC).:D)

DrB

3. Smashin707

Smashin707 New Member

Sweet! sounds great, need to learn a few things! Currently attending sonoma state university, in the 707 region!

4. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Sonoma State, Levi's home turf!! How you doin findin the info you need to fix your bike?
    DrB

5. Smashin707

Smashin707 New Member

nope havent found anything to help with my shwinn traveler III. its 30yrs old dunno if that maybe the problem. trying to find a bike repair manual for old bikes, interested in fixing oldies. and possibly making my baby a fixie but dunno. just want to get my hands a little dirty!

6. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

STRONG WORK Burr, I knew someone here would be able to help this kid....

DrB

7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Any story behind the 707 in your name?

9. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

AW man, you was my hero, thought you just had that information at hand.:((just kiddin) Still, you had to care to take the time, I'm sure he appreciates it, just wanted you to know someone noticed you doing a good deed.

DrB

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I just can't believe what you can find in Google.

How you doing Doc.

Big workout today with Yoga, I am sore and I will have the DOMS tomorrow.

Ride with the chURch group tomorrow if it stops raining long enough.

Got to go out, you'll be in bed when I get back.

Looks like Oakland is going to lose.

11. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

They usually do, not a big raider fan, more of a college football fan.... USC trojans fight on....

How did your ride with the church group go?

DrB

12. Smashin707

Smashin707 New Member

thanks burr! that data book is going to come in handy! something to do over this nice holiday weekend!

Dean: there isnt a story behind the 707. its just were i am at right now in my life, which is in the rohnert park/cotati(CA) area. the 707 is just the area code! and smashin is just a slang word for going uncontrollably fast (but still in control). haha

Thanks guys! there is work to be done!