Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't say I'm defecting as such. Just getting out more.

I have four regular riders from four different decades:

1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist (garage sale find)
1973 Schwinn Varsity (from city dump)
1983 Raleigh Marathon (pulled from a dumpster)
1994 Nishiki Sport XRS hybrid (garage sale find)

I'll get some pics up eventually.

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he's referring to BikeForums.net. They did a forum software update and a lot of people are crabby over there. My appearance here isn't really related to that.

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly? The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. So far this is just another bicycle forum to me.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Welcome to the site so far enjoy it here nice bunch of people

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah... It's growin' on me a little. I put my first bike up in the Hybrids section.

I have two bikes that don't, in my view, fit into any of the categories. They are similar to spfldsuburban's Schwinn Suburban. In my case, I have a 1973 Schwinn Varsity that I made into a Tourist-style (upright bars, sprung seat) bike, and I also have a 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist. Maybe the the comment thread here is "Tourist" (which is decidedly different than "Touring"). But even that is kind of too specific maybe. Perhaps a "Cruiser" section, a "Retro" section or a "Classic/Vintage" section might be a better spot for those than any current category.

Any ideas?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Same as it ever was...
Water dissolving and water removing

I'm sorry you paid to post in there. I was already a bit disgusted with where they were going when they came up with that option. Asking members to pay for something that's free on other sites is just wrong. They could have given it free to members when they met a certain post count, or had been with the site for a length of time - reward those that stick around. Instead, they want to squeeze more money out of the very people that drive their ad revenue. And it failed terribly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts