Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ykick, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Ykick

Ykick New Member

I'm an adult electric kickbike experimenter. I like all things on 2 wheels but particularly eBikes and now working on a powered kickbike - Sidewalker Willy to be exact.

At the mercy of those speeding cars/trucks so I feel a connection to all who ride the roads regardless of what type of two-wheeler you happen to be.

I also despise foreign oil dependancy...

2. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Welcome, YKick!

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Welcome, I have to admit that is the first time I have heard those called kick bikes. Sounds like something I would do after a good bike wreck.

4. Ykick

Ykick New Member

LOL... I suppose Kickbike could mean several things! They also go by the names Footbike, Sidewalker & Diggler to name a couple other brands. Apparently, some dog sled folks use to train when there's no snow? And, folks over in UK and parts of Canada use 'em as a healthy alternative to running. Get's those buns in shape without the impact of running...

I'm not that interested in foot or dog powered mode but for relatively short trips (5-10 miles) and errands an electric version does offer a very convenient method of going places.

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome!