Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am from CNJ and am getting seriously interested in bike touring. I guess I will be doing a couple of weekend tours at least, this Summer. The roads are full of traffic around here and drivers zooming past you with kids screaming at you from rear windows. I wonder if this is the case all over the country or is it a CNJ speciality.

ak08820

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome to TwoSpoke. Great to have you around here. What bike are you going to use for your touring? I've been eyeing a Fargo for a few months now as I consider my do-it-all bike.

With regards to the screaming kids, I'd say it's about 50:50 yelling vs. honking as they are right beside you.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
traffic is mellower out west excluding big cities but screaming kids are everywhere

welcome

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm 15. And I don't even scream like an idiot.

Haiii : D

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Welcome!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey I ride down here in Cumberland county light trafic long stertches with no houses, I realy enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for a warm welcome!
I am planning to use a vintage Fuji Supreme as my touring bike. Just managed to install a set of clipon fenders yesterday. The bike was restored with complete disassembly due to improper storage by the previous owner. The tires had melted and lots of tarnish on all aluminum.

I also have a MGX MTB but it needs a rear wheel - soon to be grafted from a Raleigh M20.
Yes, I have low end equipment but I am following the ideas of folks like Ken Kiefer.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Thanks to all for a warm welcome!
I am planning to use a vintage Fuji Supreme as my touring bike. Just managed to install a set of clipon fenders yesterday. The bike was restored with complete disassembly due to improper storage by the previous owner. The tires had melted and lots of tarnish on all aluminum.

I also have a MGX MTB but it needs a rear wheel - soon to be grafted from a Raleigh M20.
Yes, I have low end equipment but I am following the ideas of folks like Ken Kiefer.
those are nice bikes... you don't have to have a $5,000 bike to be a cyclist.
post pictures when the Fuji is up and running

1 - 16 of 16 Posts