Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Shane from Petawawa Ontario, Canada. A happily married father of three little girls, two of which are twins.

I recently got back into cycling after many, many years away. I ride a 2011 Specialized Roubaix and fell in love with the road all over again. I also own a 2004 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp but never really fell in love with the trails as much as I did with the road.

Anyways, happy to be here and looking forward to learning about cycling all over again.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome Shane!

Thinking about upgrading my Specialized Hybrid to a Roubaix either this Fall or early Spring.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Poolie, I was up in the air on whether to get a Tarmac or Roubaix. I chose the Roubaix because I wanted something a little more comfortable and not as harsh since my back just isn't the same as it was when I was in my 20's. I am very happy with the Roubaix!

Now would be a great time to buy since Specialized has the TDF promotion going on. You can get up to $600 in free sh*t depending on which model you buy!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

Poolie, I was up in the air on whether to get a Tarmac or Roubaix. I chose the Roubaix because I wanted something a little more comfortable and not as harsh since my back just isn't the same as it was when I was in my 20's. I am very happy with the Roubaix!

Now would be a great time to buy since Specialized has the TDF promotion going on. You can get up to $600 in free sh*t depending on which model you buy!
Same reason I'm looking at the Roubaix over the Tarmac. Too many unpleasant motorcycle wrecks over the years has done a number on my back. Glad to here your happy with it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Howdy!

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@flanderscycling, I would imagine the cycling in your neck of the woods is amazing! I've been to Europe several times but never really got to ride (except for in Bosnia) and it would be a dream to bring my bike the next time I go. I'd like to try this Roubaix on the cobbles but I'm sure I'd fall apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts