Helmet/ do you ride with one?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by thumper, Jul 27, 2010.

1. thumper

thumper cyclingnut

Well this is a good idea but i can't see myself with one. I have never own one for the simple reason they look stupid. maybe when they disign one that look cool maybe. How about you guys.
    I bought a skate board crash helmet but no air vents. its does the job :thumbsup::cool:

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

This is one topic that gets headed quickly!!!!

To answer the question...I do wear one.

3. greenhorn

greenhorn greenhorn

They make some pretty awesome looking helmets. Any color scheme, lots of different designs. Trust me, if you can't be cool with a helmet you sure aren't cool without one. The helmet doesn't define the rider, the helmet defines your quality of life. I ride trails with one, I ride roads with a different one, and I'm cool with either one.
    In fact, people have ridden with me without a helmet and usually get one shortly.
    Wear a helmet! Especially if you have a job, a wife, any kids, grand-kids, car, hobbies, or anything else you care about.
    Just my opinion.

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

This guy would have looked pretty stupid if he had not been wearing a helmet....
    [​IMG]

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I could see where a lot of blood could have come from that.

6. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades New Member

...and you're not worried about looking stupid while wearing one of these on the bike?:D

Attached Files:

8. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

That is AWESOME! Where can I get one?

9. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  10. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades New Member

11. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well the argument that a helmet doesn't look good doesn't hold water. The results of an impact of head to asphalt, concrete or ground don't usually look to good either. It only takes ONCE. If you ride long enough, sooner or later you will be on the ground. Maybe not that hard, but its gonna happen.

Now its your choice and your head. Ask any motorcycle dealer how much you should spend on your helmet and he will likely ask, "How much is your head worth?"

12. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

We were having dinner at my sons, and one of the grandsons asked if I allways whear a helmet when I ride . I said, do I look dumb of corse I whear a helmet , :rolleyes: I know my son don't ;)
    Where would I stick that funny looking mirror if I didn't have a helmet to stick it to ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  13. speed

speed New Member

"it's not a matter of if you will crash, but when."
    wear a helmet

14. TerryG

TerryG New Member

Helmets are not only safe, they are very COOL! I know first hand having been hit by a car, had I not had one it would have been much worse! As it was I only had a mild concussion, four broken ribs, a broken scapula and a punctured lung. By the way my badly cracked helmet was replaced for FREE by the manufacture.

15. speed

speed New Member

got another quote:
    What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet? An organ donor.

16. TerryG

TerryG New Member

Here here...Very true!

17. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Trust me when your sliding across the road at 20 mph........ALL I was thinking was, damn I'm glad I was wearing my helmet!

18. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Two points of view........

Attached Files:

19. bmohan55

bmohan55 Senior Member

Had my first bad spill in over ten years 2 weeks ago, only thing I clearly remember was how hard my head hit the road...actually bounced off it twice. The helmet was cracked in four places and the plastic popped off one side, I'm still limping from my hip pointer but I would have been gravely injured w/o a helmet.

Wear one, you really look more stupid w/o one.