Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a recommendation for a good safe helmet. I do not race or ride fast. Old guy on a hybrid for exercise! Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Pretty much all helmets have to meet the same safety standards to be sold. Look for a CPSC or Snell certification sticker to assure this. From that point on, it's pretty much a personal preference. The more expensive ones are usually going to be lighter and have better ventilation. Obviously, the weight of the helmet isn't much of an issue to you, and if you're not going very fast, you probably won't notice a big difference in the ventilation. Therefore, your biggest consideration should be fit. Some helmets fit rounder heads better and some fit more oval head-shapes better. Some have fancier clasps and are easier to adjust than others. So I think it's important that you try on the helmets rather than just ordering online. I guess I'm saying it's my opinion that pretty much any helmet from a bike shop that you like and fits you well would be good for you.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm an old guy on a Hybrid too. Get something that fits first, ventilation second & style last. I have a Lazer Neon from the LBS. Alex is right, try them first.

·
889 Posts
The best helmet for you is one that fits properly. Make sure it's got all the safety certifications and you're good. It also helps if you like the look of it. :)

For me, I find the Giro's fit my odd shaped noggen the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts