Help!"Century" bike serial number Id.

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Century, May 26, 2010.

1. Century

Century New Member

I have a Century. The badge reads Century, made in USA. Is this the make or the model? I don't know much about it. I paid $5 at a grage sae. The seat is Schwinn and have been told 60's or 70's but the frame is older. I will post some pics. Thank you for any help. I am new at vintage bicycles and I appreciate the knowledge that is shared.

Attached Files:

2. Century

Century New Member

I have finished restoring the bike for my daughter. She loves it. The only thing new is the hand grips and red, white & blue streamers. I still need help in identifying this beauty and what year it might be. Thanks to all...............

Attached Files:

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Looks good :thumbsup: :D

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Didn't someone else post about a Century recently?

5. Century

Century New Member

I have searched quite a bit for info on this bike and can't find anything. If someone else posted about a Century, I didn't see it.
    Thanks,

6. joelseph

joelseph New Member

I would guess century is the make and not the model. Someone is selling a page from the 1918 century bicycle catalog on ebay. Schwinn also made a bike called the "Century" but that doesn't look like a schwinn serial number, and I couldn't find any Schwinns with a headbadge like that. Unfortunatly the only info I could find on Century Bicycle is just a scrap of paper on ebay proving that they at one time existed. I'll keep looking

7. Century

Century New Member

Thanks for helping. I have found a Columbia made bike called "The Century Columbia". Columbia began making a Century in the late 1890's. That don't help me much because I can't find anything about the serial number. The headbadge's on all the ones I have seen don't match mine. I did find a Schwinn badge that's main working was Century but on the bottom it says "by Schwinn". I found a website with thousands of headbadges and I have yet to see one that says "Century". I have heard that Mike Wolfe from the show "American Pickers" is always looking for Century bikes but I can't get any info there either. I do appreciate your help.
    Thanks,

8. Industry_Hack

I'll try to make some time to use my mad research skills. Please be patient.

9. Century

Century New Member

10. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

You're thinking bout the old Bridgestone bike

11. Industry_Hack

This site seems to indicate that Century was possibly made bu Schwinn.