Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Century. The badge reads Century, made in USA. Is this the make or the model? I don't know much about it. I paid $5 at a grage sae. The seat is Schwinn and have been told 60's or 70's but the frame is older. I will post some pics. Thank you for any help. I am new at vintage bicycles and I appreciate the knowledge that is shared.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have finished restoring the bike for my daughter. She loves it. The only thing new is the hand grips and red, white & blue streamers. I still need help in identifying this beauty and what year it might be. Thanks to all...............

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have searched quite a bit for info on this bike and can't find anything. If someone else posted about a Century, I didn't see it.
Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would guess century is the make and not the model. Someone is selling a page from the 1918 century bicycle catalog on ebay. Schwinn also made a bike called the "Century" but that doesn't look like a schwinn serial number, and I couldn't find any Schwinns with a headbadge like that. Unfortunatly the only info I could find on Century Bicycle is just a scrap of paper on ebay proving that they at one time existed. I'll keep looking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for helping. I have found a Columbia made bike called "The Century Columbia". Columbia began making a Century in the late 1890's. That don't help me much because I can't find anything about the serial number. The headbadge's on all the ones I have seen don't match mine. I did find a Schwinn badge that's main working was Century but on the bottom it says "by Schwinn". I found a website with thousands of headbadges and I have yet to see one that says "Century". I have heard that Mike Wolfe from the show "American Pickers" is always looking for Century bikes but I can't get any info there either. I do appreciate your help.
Thanks,

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts