Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm comparing the Shwinn Searcher and the Specialized Vita. I ride a lot around the neighborhood but also go on longer rides like 2 hours on pavement.
One bike store is a few blocks from me and one is farther away like 10-15 minutes by car. Do I need shocks for bumpy sidewalks? because the Vita has no shocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The vita is $430 and the Shwinn is $350 am I paying for a brand name in the Specialized?

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
The Specialized Vita is a better bike then the Schwinn, has a better frame and better components. A shock fork is not needed for bumpy sidewalks, you need to learn to come off the seat with your legs flexed not taut (straight with knees locked) and let your arms and legs absorb any impact. Neither of my mountain bikes have shocks and I ride them off road!! For the kind of riding you do you don't need shocks. And cheap shocks like those on the Schwinn are heavy (which will wear you out after just an hour of riding) and problematic.

So for the extra $80 I would get the Specialized.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks so much, just wanted to make sure it's money worth spending! Going to pick up the Vita tommorrow can't wait to take it for a spin!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts