Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we moved into our new house a couple years we found this beat up old bike that the old owners left at the house. We didn't really think anything of the bike, until we realized it was an old Gary Fisher BMX kind of bike. We replaced the old, rusted chain, but are afraid to change anything else because we don't want to ruin its originally paint and decals. Any idea what model/year it is? And is it worth it to keep it like this, or should I repaint and replace other parts?

Note to Admin: If the pictures are too big, I'll change it to just links.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Looks like a 'Hard Warp' not sure of year maybe 1997 or 98. MSRP was around $280-$300. If you're looking to sell as vintage, then I wouldn't change anything and sell as is. If you're going to keep it and you want to clean it up with some new color, then go for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is that the frame is rusted in places, not too bad, but enough to still make it look really used. I'm not sure if I am going to sell it, but it would be cool to know what I could get for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same bike in my shed

I got mine in 1994... Its def an early 90's bike. I have changed a lot of mine to to I rode it hard growing up. I dont feel the bike has any value yet. could craigslist it for 100 as is. its a GF Quick Pierce BTW

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Anything from the 90s with a one piece crank and stamped chainring is going to have little, if any, collector value. And Gary Fisher, while definitely a very cool guy, was hardly known for BMX.

Besides, the hot patches are completely misaligned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts