Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty much an impossible question but I'm hoping someone will have some advice to identify this bike, or advise me wear to look. The bike is in a Thrift store and has been repainted. The bike shows alot of wear but most parts are shimano 600 with Biospace sprokets. I have looked the bike over and can not find any numbers below the bottom bracket or anywhere else I've looked. I would have just bought the bike for some of the parts but they have it priced at $80 and I hate to spend $80 on what might be a 30 year old Huffy. Thanks

Attachments

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Next question, next customer. Done with this one.

From the angle of the photo, the forks look bent, so for $80 you would be getting an ancient wheelset, and brakes and shifters with an unknown amount of wear. And that frame looks pretty tall, so unless you're tall, not sure what you were hoping to find useful on this bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The frame is made in Taiwan by Giant or Nishiki they mass produced bikes for many low end brands such as Repco in Australia from the late 80's to mid 90's after local production became to expensive to be profitable.
If it has a serial number starting with a G it would be made Giant if not its a Nishiki.
Here's a 1988 Repco Superlight as an example I bought for $2 people still do them up down here into good looking bikes.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information, after careful condsideration I went with the batman bike (kidding although I probably should have) actually I bought the bike for $50 today, it will probably get hung in the attic with the other bikes I have, however I really would like to post some more pics and try to identify. Thanks for all the reply's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts