"Here"s Yer Sign"

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by JTGYK, Dec 11, 2009.

1. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

The Commuting "Here's Your Sign" Thread

This was inspired by another thread where people were posting about stupid comments coworkers (or Is I refer to them, Cow Orkers) come up with regarding bicycling. Some people just need "Idiot Signs"

Ala Bill Engvall

Example:

Commuter coming in pushing his bike.
    Cow Orker: "So, did you ride in today"
    Commuter: "No, carried it all the way from home."
    "Here"s your sign."

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I had a co-worker once ask me why I rode my bike when driving a car is much faster. She then went on to tell me she gave up riding bikes when she was a kid. I didn't even bother responding.

:hate:

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Ha! My work is filled with teenagers and Illegal immigrants so.

I had a fellow in broken English offer to sell me a car ( I own one). When I asked him why and told him I thought it was weird to just ask some one that he said it's because of my Bicycle.

4. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Not work, but...

I was getting ready to leave grocery store with my purchases, when one of my buddies approaches...

He: "So, How're you gettin' all those groceries home?"

Me: Looking down at my already attached, grocery loaded, rack mounted, open-top grocery panniers...then looking back up and catching his eye and blinking a couple of times.

He: Shaking his head and chuckling..."Heh...Just give me my sign, I deserve it."

5. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Coming in the door with frost around the nose and mouth of my balaclava: (Use to live in Colorado)

C-O: So...Cold out?
    Me: (thought bubble) Nope, just decided to eat a snow cone and forgot to adjust the mouth hole.

Heeeeer's your sign

6. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I can't get comments like that anymore -- everyone at work already KNOWS I ride, and the bike comes in the building with me. Now, the only comments I get are on REALLY bad days, when I don't ride.

WHAAAAAAAAH! I CAN'T PLAY!

7. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I get razed a lot about only being only alowed to go around the block, The block is tryangle shaped and it is 17 miles around the block. Some times I ride down to the conner and back 10 miles.

8. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

I walked outside yesterday carrying my bike, wearing my power rangers t-shirt and my new bike shorts, walking really funny because I had my clipless shoes on... and my neighbor wanted to know if I was going for a bike ride... I wasn't too sure what to say because he made me second-guess myself.

9. trx1

trx1 New Member

Person at gas station: :"why ride when u can drive...much easier!"
    ME: looks at gas price
    Person; "oh i c"
    shakes head and rides away!

10. Zebra-GIR

Zebra-GIR Junior Member

When I interviewed for my new job I made sure to specify that I would need to be able to park my bicycle in a secure location if hired. The store manager looked at me kind of funny and said, "you ride a bike to work?" I replied, "yes, I do. Year round." She then smiled broadly and said, "not a problem. You can wheel it into the garden center and lock it up there. Then it'll even have security cameras on it so you won't have to worry about it." Major kudos to my new store manager! And every time she sees me rolling in with Prudence she has a big smile. Some people do get it! :) I guess this is sort of the opposite of a "here's your sign" story. Or it could be that this manager needs a sign of her own that says, "Yeah, I do get it ..."