Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished restoring my old Huffy Rock Slide 21 spd. mtn bike. It was originally built on Monday April 15, 1991 in Celina Ohio.
The original color was grey with black spatter on the frame and bars. I went through everything and with new tires, decals, paint job, seat and bars I can say it rides pretty good for what it is.
Probably a waste of time and money but when your retired every day is Saturday, and I had a good time playing with it.
Take a look at the old Lee Chi brakes..(if I uploaded the pics correctly)..they still have the original pads, I don't think you can get parts for these anymore.

Attachments

·
173 Posts
WOW!! Great restore work! Nothing is a waste if you enjoyed what your doing!! Your project makes me want to try to restore an old Schwinn. Thanks for sharing.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
That rrealy looks good :thumbsup::D
I have an old Huffy I am going to make a single speed, But mine will be a Junker :rolleyes:
this one is only 18spd

Attachments

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW...Thats almost exactly what I started with !!! I can't beleive it....Same exact paint job, actually it's powder coat and a b^&ch to get off. I had to sand blast it three times to remove it. Just have fun doing it!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I dubble postd and could not put nothing so I am sorry for the mes :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts