Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the intro section but i thought Id let you guys see my build too, here she is copied and pasted

This is her, I know she is kinda old but for my first DH build I am really happy with her. Let me know what you think here is the part list so far.

Rocky Mountain RM7
2.5 inch front Maxxis tire on MODO rim
2.35 back tire maxxis on Rhyno Lite rims (i have a 2.7x24 inch doublewide if i want too)
Fox Vanilla R rear
Boxxer front
Blackspire crank with quarter inch bash gaurd
Singlespeed
V3 Sunline Pedals
WTB pure V seat
Yeti DH Bars
Ringle Stem (probably switching to a Tomac)

Still need brakes, im thinking Elixer CR's or Hayes Nines depending on price

I have spend in all $157 on EVERYTHING you see after getting the bike and parts from freinds and spare parts

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
It's a downhill bike because to ride a bike up hill you need a chain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, sorry for mulitple posts industry, and the chain is waiting for the tensioner. As for build time. I got the bike with suspension mid sept. get a doner bike for free from my freind mid october, switched over parts in a day...now i wait for my old bike to sell and i get brakes. Very quick to be honest of a build

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah to say the least. Though I would say i have spent about 200-300 hours of just either staring, tightening and then loosening parts, pissing of my gf about talking about it, riding it chainless/ brakeless down my stairs etc. Really time consuming.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the tensioner and chain all put on. The chain is kinda short on it but im too lazy to get a longer one right now, im enjoying pedaling a bike finally

1 - 13 of 13 Posts