Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PureFix Fun
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Carrie. I've always loved riding. Really enjoying 2 wheels in general, hence the username. I found me a nice used Trek Multitrack and i love it... it needs some some TLC, which i've just started. bought some new inner tubes/tires last week. More upgrades to come...

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Welcome harleygold!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Welcome. Nice Trek....:thumbsup:

If you're just starting to "get back" into cycling and don't have any equipment, the first upgrades I would suggest are a good floor pump for your tires and a chain cleaner with some degreaser and chain lube. Properly inflated tires and a well maintained drive train (besides your legs) make a world of difference when out there riding.

Have fun and keep pedalin'....:D

·
PureFix Fun
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmiles64 said:
Welcome. Nice Trek....:thumbsup:

If you're just starting to "get back" into cycling and don't have any equipment, the first upgrades I would suggest are a good floor pump for your tires and a chain cleaner with some degreaser and chain lube. Properly inflated tires and a well maintained drive train (besides your legs) make a world of difference when out there riding.

Have fun and keep pedalin'....:D
Thanks for the welcome! I'm almost a step ahead. Got me a floor pump last year. What I don't have is that degreaser. Thanks for the heads up!

2 years ago I bought a Schwinn Tourist bike. Awesome bike, hybrid as well, but was hurting the back and making the fingers numb. Searched a year or so for a bike like this Trek and immediately called the owner. I got the bike for $80! It has a few flaws, but nothing that can't be fixed. :D

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Welcome to the group, Carrie. For a degreaser/chain cleaner, I have had excellent results with Park Tool Citrus Chain Brite along with the Cyclone chain cleaning system as well as Simple Green Bicycle Cleaner and Degreaser.

If you aren't ready to ditch the Scwinn yet, maybe a riser stem would help?

Also, if the tires and tubes were old, you may want to keep an eye on your rim strip, if it is an old rubber strip[\.

Glad to see you on a bike, enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts