Hey Y'all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gentlepuma, Jun 16, 2010.

1. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

I'm new here. 42 years young. Have an old Huffy I'm refurbishing. Not much I know, but it's a start. In October last year I took the reins of my life. I've lost 40 lbs since then - 90 total in 8 years - quit smoking, and exercise everyday. I've been walking or running, but my boys are learning to ride bikes and I thought this would be a great family opportunity. Love dogs, love my boys, love life. I'm very sarcastic, so don't believe a word I say. Life is too short to be glum and serious.:p

BTW. My husband and I have been running forums for about 12+ years. Since Al Gore invented the internet...

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Welcome ! I'm curious about the fancy race truck ! Does it do circles or 1/4- 1/8 mile stuff ?

3. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

its a 2006 roush f150. and its got 500hp at the rear wheel. Supercharger and mre gizmos than you can shake a stick at. You can light up all four tires in 4x4. Right now its more of a toy than an actual racer...for now.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome! What forums?

5. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

6. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Welcome. My dad used to use Ford trucks. Had a 63 and 69. The 69 we got rid of at about 170,000 miles because we really didn't need a truck anymore. The 63 had 198,000 and change when my dad sold it and we know it turned over 200k. Funny I enjoy racing nearly everything but a bike. Enjoy the Huffy project. You may spend more than its worth, but if you are having fun with it so what.

See you are from Stone Mountain. Ever hear the one about the lone soldier on top of Stone Mountain when Sherman came through???

Welcome and keep us updated on the Huffy

7. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

Actually I'm not in Stone Mountain, the Bike is a "Stone Mountain" model.

Seems like I have heard that joke, but I don't remember the punch line.

I'm trying to determine at this point, after reviewing the cost of parts, if it's even worth fixing. However, even if I get e new bike for riding now, I think I'll still fix this one just to get the practice. I'll just be able to take my time with it, learn all the procedures and budget out the repairs.

Believe it or not, I love to get grease under my nails, and busted knuckles. I've been working on cars and trucks since I was 12. I've worked in automated control systems. I just like the challenge.

Not your typical girl, but I'm betting there aren't many on this site.:D

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Glad you joined. Maybe you could offer us some advice on our forum with your knowledge.

9. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Welcome!

I think my forum count is over 10 now...ones that I'm on. My main one is 355Nation.net, I'm a Moderator and Members Tech. Staff!

Such a wealth of knowledge online at your fingertips now...I love it!

BTW: I'm a GM guy..LOL

2004 Colorado CC ZQ8 Sport, slammed on Belltech/KW gear, and pending a LSX swap!
    1987 S10 RC, bone stock, with power Nothing!

10. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

Hardtail: Don't worry, I won't hold it against you if your a GM man. Everybody's got a favorite, and just because yours stinks doesn't mean I won't like you as a person :eek:

Dean: I haven't had time yet to go through all the posts, and other information on the site, but I can tell you that the forums are organized well, and are easy to navigate. You are coming up 5th in a google search for "bicycle forum," so you could use some website opimization to bring more traffic. Be glad to chat with you about that on the side.

11. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

hiccup - double post

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  12. gentlepuma

gentlepuma Gentle Puma

Hey Hardtail! I swear I was just jerking your chain. I figure it doesn't really matter what you drive or ride, as long as you love it, its the best. :thumbsup:

I did check out that site. It looks great. Coming from my background, I love to see the communities that are just taking off. Passion becomes reality.

BTW: Thanks for your service to our country. My family lives in a much better place because of men and women like you.