Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,706 Posts
As that a publicity photo, or do you actually ride? Without regard to brand, I see a lot of e-bikes in this general design envelope. Folding designs seem particularly popular as I can well understand. I love my Montague X folding MTB. Even with 26" wheels, a folding design adds a lot of transportation flexibility.

A few years ago, I actually pushed my wife, only half jokingly, to have her employer purchase one as a mobility device. She was having trouble with her feet and needed to regularly visit a production facility comprised of many square miles of concrete, one where the 1/4mi walk from car to building was one of the day's shorter trips by foot. All the concrete was killing her feet and it seemed that a folding e-bike would be just the thing. She didn't think her employer would buy it. I thought they might like it better than losing her ability to visit the site and contribute to her team's operations there.

I'd actually be interested in one of these myself if I still worked at 'that one site'. It was situated on several hundred acres nestled in rolling hills with up to 3mi between the buildings holding people I supported. I considered bringing a regular bike to travel between buildings, but the hills were steep enough to severely limit a bike's utility: I had too much to do to lose the time involved in struggling up even short hills on my bike. I couldn't match automotive traffic for speed, even at the site's heavily enforced 25mph speed limit.

An e-bike capable of climbing at 20mph would have been just the thing to flip that time loser to a time gainer. Bike racks were right at building entrances, where the parking lots were...not. Too bad. I'm generally not into e-bikes for my personal use, but working on a site like that would be an excellent reason to add a 'professional use' powered steed to the stable. Even if that particular steed lived at the work site most of the time :).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts