Hi from Baltimore MD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VeloBliss, Aug 4, 2009.

1. VeloBliss

VeloBliss Guest

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site, and it seems quite nice. I ride as much as I can, which depending on the week, will range from 0 to 6 rides. I split my time between road rides and mountain rides and if you ask me which one I prefer, you may get a different answer depending on my mood at that moment. I look forward to sharing knowledge and picking up some real quality tips!

2. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

Welcome, planning on doing some vacationing/biking not too far from you at Frostburg with the wife (her alma mater) after I get back from Afghanistan. Some really beautiful country up there.
    FB

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Hello B-More! Do you ever ride Patapsco? Sweet trails out there. Too bad it's an hour drive to the trailhead for me.

4. VeloBliss

VeloBliss Guest

Hey all, There is some great riding out by Frostberg and a little further west near Deep Creek Lake so I hope you enjoy it!

As for Patapsco, I am quite lucky because I can ride right from my neighborhood into the park in about 10 minutes, and that 10 minutes is almost exclusively single/double track through a local county park. Patapsco is great riding, and I am spoiled having it so close. Do you have any other favorite spots to ride in the area?

5. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Yeah, lotsa spots. Usually on Thursday nights I lead a MORE ride at Schaeffer Farm. Afterwards, we head down the road to the Dogfish head Ale House for post ride libation. A few years ago, we built the Hoyles Mill Trail to connect Schaeffer to
    Black Hill Regional Park. These trail systems combine for over 40 miles of rolling singletrack.

Just to my north, there are an abundance of rocky singletrack trails in Frederick at Gambrill State park and the Frederick Watershed. I prefer to ride in Frederick cuz I love the rocks and my bike doesn't get as dirty. There are also a lot of good watering holes in downtown Frederick that are a short bike ride or walk from my gf's house.

6. Cruso

Cruso Guest

Good to have you aboard, VeloBliss! I look forward to seeing you around the board!
    Welcome to the community!

7. VeloBliss

VeloBliss Guest

Thanks hophead, I do enjoy Frederick/Gambrill. I have not hit up Schaeffer and the rest, but I will have to try it out soon. Thanks for the info!