Hi from central MD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by boxhill, Aug 24, 2009.

1. boxhill

boxhill New Member

Hi all, newcomer here from Frederick, MD. I started out my second life of cycling (that is, following a long break between childhood and adulthood) three years ago with a multi-modal bike commute a few of days a week and have progressed to riding roughly 12 miles per day getting to and from work year round (on dry roads). I do my best to ride to where I need to go locally and am working on getting higher mileage recreational rides under my wheels. I've finally gotten my partner hooked on riding, and the fact that we're now discussing taking middle-distance bike touring trips together has me absolutely ecstatic.

I ride a stock Surly Crosscheck and I love that thing.

Glad to be here!

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Howdy neighbor. I live just a few miles south in Germantown. My gf lives in downtown Frederick, so I spend a lot of time up there.

Do you do any mtn biking? There are lotsa good trails up there.

Welcome to the site!

-Scott

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome!

Keep us up to date with your riding.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Surly makes some nice products. Any complaints about the Crosscheck at all?

5. boxhill

boxhill New Member

Scott (hophead), not yet. The folks I've been able to do some riding with around here all rave about the trails. I'm going to get out there to try them at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Dean, no complaints at all about the Crosscheck. My only complaint comes when life interferes and I can't ride it!